USA Travel Adaptors

Off on a trip to America? We’ve got you covered with our guide on plugs, voltage and adaptors. Did you know that two-thirds of Americans don’t hold passports? The reason? America has it all, beaches, deserts, cities, theme parks and the rest!

What plug sockets are used in the USA?

In the USA, the plug sockets used are type A & B, the following pictures show the outlets and plugs needed. When travelling from the UK you will need an adapter for types A & B.

If you’re after an adapter we would suggest looking into this multi-purpose adapter. Please do double check that it meets your needs.

What voltage & frequency is used in America?

Electricity supplies across the world can vary dramatically, ranging between 100v and 240v, it’s always worth double-checking what voltage a country is using as you may need to use a voltage converter or transformer while travelling to the USA.

If you are travelling from the UK you will need to check your appliances if the appliance says 120-230v you’ll be fine, however, if it only states 230v you will need a converter.